Since time immemorial MS Office has been the mainstay software package that has been providing you all the necessary tools and platforms to read, compose, edit and manufacture your all important office documents. Be it your annual report or the presentation you are going to give in the next board meeting, it has always been the applications of MS Office that has come to your aid. It would be quite inconvenient rather inefficient to handle documents as smoothly and efficiently on your PC without MS Office. Now if a software package is that much important to a user, it must be very handy to know about it and learn how to install its setup file. We are just about to do so in the following paragraphs.
MS Office: What?
For the minority who are unaware of what MS Office really is, MS Office is an office suite of applications, services and servers, which was developed by Microsoft. Announced first in 1988 by Bill Gates, the first version of MS Office only contained three applications namely- Microsoft Word, Microsoft Office Setup and Microsoft PowerPoint. Gradually over the years the applications have become a lot similar to each other in terms of shared features such as spellchecker and grammar checker etc.
How to easily install MS Office setup?
There can be many ways in which one can install MS Office in one’s PC. But let us stick to the one that is the easiest, most convenient and most correct way, by buying it. Following are the steps you need to follow orderly to ensure successful installation of the Office Setup file on your desktop.
- First thing you are required to do is to make a retail purchase of Microsoft Office or buy the product online.
- You will get an office product key. In case of a retail purchase it can be found on a card inside the pack. Online buyers can obtain their key in their confirmation email or Microsoft Account page. Keep the product key handy.
- Visit the MS Setup Office page by opening office.com/setup in your internet browser.
- Enter your Office product key where it is required inside the setup page.
- Next you need to sign up with your Microsoft Account. In case you don’t have one you can always create one for free. The benefit that you obtain is that Office will be tied with your Microsoft Account which will allow successful download in the future without entering the key. You can always start download in the future by visiting office.com/myaccount.
- You will find an ‘install’ button on the page, which on clicking will cause the Office installer to be downloaded to your computer.
- Next click on the ‘run’ button in order to start the installation. For Mac users, it is advisable to double-click on the MicrosoftOffice2011.dmg file which can be found in your downloads folder.
- Follow the prompts and go with the flow in the installation process. Click ‘next’ to move forward in the installer.
- As the installation process starts, you are required to stay online while Office performs the downloading and installation.
- As the installation process ends click ‘All done!’ button to finish the installation successfully.